When you try to relate the words “chemical’ and “peel” to your face, it does not trigger an encouraging thought. In fact, it may sound a little scary! But the chemical peel is actually a restorative procedure.
The chemical peels for face have become a popular anti-aging treatment that will noticeably reduce the signs of aging on the face. Chemical peels are always the appropriate solution to treat various skin conditions.
Whether your face has fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, or acne, these peels can make your face appear more youthful than ever.
A Versatile Option
What’s the coolest fact about these facial peels? It’s the versatility of the procedure. If the dermatologist is using a good chemical peel, you can notice a few outcomes, including
- Improvement in the texture and tone of the facial skin.
- Management of chronic skin conditions
- Controlling acne
- Anti-aging effect
As the procedure is budget-friendly, you can expect the best apparent results by visiting the top dermatologists at reputed clinics. This blog is all about digging deeper into the before and after differences of undergoing chemical peels.
Overcome the Fear
Many of you may be in a state of panic just before undergoing the facial peel treatment. You might be imagining some horrific situations as some people had a bad experience with the procedure. Will the same happen to you?
Certainly not when you choose the top dermatologists for the procedure. When you undergo the treatment, you must be under the supervision of an expert dermatologist at a highly advanced skin care clinic.
But you should know what to expect after the first chemical peeling.
1. Mild and Temporary Side Effects are Common
It is a common misconception among the mass that the chemical peels are painful with severe side effects. But is that the truth? What happens after the treatment? Do you really feel such discomfort?
The fact is, the reaction to the chemical peel treatment will differ from person to person depending on the nature of the skin. Even if you have any side effects, these will disappear within a couple of weeks.
The standard recovery timeline is somewhat like the following:
- Initial few hours: some redness, a tingling or burning sensation.
- First few days: little dryness and skin irritation with mild swelling.
- After 2 to 3 days: the skin may appear flaky with temporary imperfections or discolourations.
- After 3 to 7 days: there can be signs of tanning on the face, or it may appear darker than before.
- After 5 to 7 days: the side effects begin to subside. The face starts looking normal.
- After 7 to 14 days: you will notice the formation of healthy and new skin. But there can still be some redness, and the darker shade may persist for up to a month.
So, don’t think that the treatment has caused the deterioration of the skin.
2. Multiple Sessions are Necessary
According to the top dermatologists performing chemical peel procedures regularly, clients sometimes complain of not achieving the desired outcome with one session. It’s essential to know that one treatment may not offer the dramatic before and after difference that you are expecting.
The standard process involves undergoing multiple chemical peels to notice the desired outcomes. There will definitely be a notable change in the facial tone and texture right after the first treatment. But only the multiple treatments will create an astonishing difference between the condition of the face a few months back and now.
3. Potent Tool Against Sun Damage
The harmful UV rays of the sun take a toll on your skin. While most of you may not be able to notice the difference in the skin every time you step out of the house under the sun, the damage will build up. And the manifestation will be in the form of premature aging.
- Fortunately, chemical peels will help by stripping away the old and damaged dermal cells to reveal the more youthful appearance of the skin underneath.
- With the effective face skin peeling treatment, there will be a visible reduction in wrinkles and fine lines that will tighten the skin further to offer a fuller look.
The visible changes after the treatment surely prove the dramatic impact of the facial chemical peels.
4. Adjust the Post-Treatment Skincare Regime
The effect of chemical peels is excellent as it uses the body’s natural healing process to reveal the effect. So, it is vital to allow the skin to heal properly. The best part about undergoing treatment at a reliable clinic under the supervision of top dermatologists is the advanced planning for the aftercare.
- The expert will warn you that it’s natural to feel some dryness and other skin changes within the first few hours of applying the peel. So, it’s better to avoid any other skincare during the initial 24 hours after the peeling.
- As the skin will peel away, it’s vital to hydrate the skin. So, drink plenty of water to promote natural hydration.
- It’s very common to feel like pulling off the skin as it dries up and peels away. But you need to restrain yourself from scratching the face or picking at the dry skin. it will only lead to scarring and a higher risk of infection.
- Have you received a deep chemical peel? Then the dermatologist will most probably apply a dressing along with some healing ointments after the treatment. It’s your job to follow up on the recommendations of the expert for the removal and replacement of the bandages. Also, apply the prescribed medication without fail.
- In case you are feeling some mild pain or discomfort, the dermatologist may prescribe mild medication to relieve the pain. You should take the medicines, especially if you have a low tolerance for pain or the peeling is deep.
- The application of a moisturizer twice daily will accelerate the healing process. It will also protect the skin. Even if you use light moisturisers, usually for oily skin, the use of a thicker moisturizer is better during the healing period.
- Skip the use of exfoliants. The chemical peels will exfoliate. But you should not ideally use any exfoliant for the initial week following the skin peeling treatment. So, say no to the exfoliating scrubs and brushes, along with the toners or cleansers that may contain chemical exfoliants.
Maintaining the above suggestions will definitely enhance the outcome of the treatment.
5. Bid Farewell to Acne
Another interesting fact that you will notice after the treatment is the freedom from acne. If your facial skin is prone to acne, the facial peels with salicylic acid will b appropriate for you.
- The formulation of the chemical peels with salicylic acid will actively reduce acne.
- It will also prevent the chances of the appearance of blemishes in the future.
Acne is common on the skin’s surface. As the chemical peels will unclog the pores and permanently remove the bacteria causing acne, the impact will be permanent ad the peels will naturally get rid of the acne scars as well.
6. Notable Reduction in Fine lines and Wrinkles
The chemical peels will successfully remove the damaged layer of your outer skin. Naturally, the new layer of skin underneath won’t show any signs of fine lines. Although ist wrong to claim that the peels will reduce all the wrinkles with one treatment, it will definitely reduce the appearance of the wrinkles to a great extent.
So, you have to consult an expert practitioner depending on the volume of the wrinkles and the health of your skin. Only expert dermatologists can conclude whether you need moderate peels or a deep chemical peeling treatment will be necessary. Finding the best solution for the skin is the agenda behind the skin analysis prior to the treatment.
7. Getting Rid of Pigmentation Problems
Hyperpigmentation is a common skin problem that many people struggle to manage every day. The sin clinics get a lot of visits from patients suffering from melasma, discoloration of the skin, hyperpigmentation, age spots, and acne scars.
The peels will slough away the dermal layer. And along with it, some of the discolored pigments will leave your skin too. So, if you are looking forward to facial skin with an even tone, the before and after effects of the chemical peels will be most satisfactory.
8. Enhancing the Impact of Skincare Products
As the treatment will successfully get rid of the top layer of dead skin cells on your face, the skincare products will be able to penetrate deeper into your skin. And the cells will be actively absorbing the products,
So, it’s safe to say that the impact of the skincare products will be better after the chemical peeling.
Achieve the Perfect Look
By now, the readers must have pictured the possible changes after the peeling. Facial peels are safe and can help you attain a better look. But it’s your duty too, to be careful about choosing the dermatologist and the clinic for the best results.
So, don’t waste time anymore and visit the reputed skincare center for complete assistance regarding undergoing the peeling on your face.