[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Facial fillers come with the promise of removing all wrinkles and adding volume or fullness to your face. Plus, this treatment technique is completely non-invasive. There aren’t too many risks/side effects. But, what makes facial filler treatment the best treatment for wrinkles? Let’s explore.
The Best Treatment for Wrinkles
To understand how facial fillers, help people get rid of wrinkles, we first need to understand how wrinkles form.
- Firstly, wrinkles don’t actually make our faces look old. The hollows, creases, and sagging that the facial skin experiences with age are to blame for that.
- Think of ageing skin as a shrinking coat hanger. The more the coat hanger shrinks with age, the more the dress hangs downwards.
Facial fillers help restore lost cheek volume. Once dermatologists achieve this, they can easily make the patient’s facelift up and not sag anymore. No sagging means no wrinkles. This face lifting treatment is highly effective but only when done well.
Consultation is key. Patients must treat their faces as a whole. They must first understand how injecting fillers will lift, reshape, and smoothen their faces. It’s the doctor’s duty to explain these details to patients.
Believe it or not – many doctors don’t take this step because they themselves don’t understand what facial fillers do. Thankfully, not all facelift providers are like this. A top-quality cosmetic experts can help anyone restore their face’s youthful glow.
Since facial filler treatment is a non-surgical procedure, it helps patients achieve natural-looking facelifts. There are other benefits of this non-surgical procedure as well –
- Very short treatment times and little to no downtime
- Not too many risks involved
- Instant, dramatic and natural-looking results
- Pain-free treatments
Now that we know injectable facial fillers are great for treating wrinkles, let’s learn more about them.
What are Facial Fillers?
Facial fillers (also known as dermal fillers) are injectable, gel-like substances. Doctors inject these fillers underneath a patient’s skin to improve its appearance. Every year, millions of people opt for this minimally invasive wrinkle treatment solution.
As we age, we lose fat and proteins from our skin. This loss is highly apparent when it happens in the face. It triggers the development of sags and wrinkles. Facial fillers don’t replace these lost fats or proteins.
But, they do mimic the skin’s original underlying structure. They contain different ingredients like hyaluronic acid or collagen stimulators. These ingredients either replace naturally occurring elements inside our skin.
For example, hyaluronic acid is something that our skin naturally produces. It helps keep our skin fresh and hydrated. Injecting facial fillers that contain this ingredient helps people get rid of their wrinkles.
They plump and hydrate skin that can’t produce its own hyaluronic acid. Results from injecting these fillers last for 6-12 months. In addition to hyaluronic acid fillers, patients can also get –
- Collagen Stimulators: These fillers stimulate the production of natural collagen in the skin. Collagen makes our skin firmer. Hence, injecting collagen stimulators that contain ingredients like polylactic acid helps get rid of wrinkles. Polylactic acid is the same ingredient that doctors put in dissolvable stitches to promote faster healing.
- Fat Injections: Also known as “autologous fat injections,” this filler material is derived from the patient’s body itself. Doctors extract fat from different areas of the patient’s body (buttocks, tummy, etc.). Then, they inject this fat into areas of the body that are full of wrinkles, creases, fine lines, etc. These injectable fillers are 100% natural. The results from this procedure last forever.
The logic behind using facial fillers is simple. Inject ingredients into your skin that replace the natural loss of collagen fibres and elasticity. In the past, facelift surgeries were the only option for patients who had wrinkles on their skin.
Getting facial fillers for wrinkles is a far less stressful and expensive process. The fillers serve as “volumizers.” They readjust the patient’s skin volume in different areas – cheeks, chins, jawline, etc.
Which facial filler is the best for treating wrinkles? Depends on the type of wrinkles you have. There are two types –
- Dynamic Wrinkles: These wrinkles are caused due to facial movement. Excessive muscular activity in your face’s skin causes wrinkles to form.
- Static Wrinkles: These wrinkles are more natural. Everyone gets them (to varying degrees) when their skin loses elasticity and collagen due to ageing. Lines and folds start appearing on their faces.
In most cases, people get facial filler treatment to fix their static wrinkles. The ingredients in face fillers help make up for the volume loss in the patients’ faces, cheeks and smile lines. Fillers can also improve the look of sunken cheekbones or plump up slender or wrinkly lips. But, not everyone qualifies for this treatment.
Qualifying for Facial Filler Treatment for Wrinkles
People who have dynamic wrinkles on their faces must opt for Botox or face-lifting surgery. That’s because these types of people tend to take medications for their face muscles. These medications may impact their immune systems.
Getting facial fillers when you have a suppressed immune system or when you’re on medications is not a good idea. Hence, only people with static wrinkles (due to loss of natural collagen in the face) should consider using facial fillers.
Getting Facial Fillers for Wrinkles – Understanding the Process
As stated above, not all dermatologists know how face fillers work. Patients must seek out experts who have successful track records of injecting government-approved facial wrinkle fillers into patients’ faces.
These top cosmetic doctors and surgeons also take various preparatory steps before going ahead with the injections.
- The doctors discuss the patients’ wrinkle issues, other health conditions, medications, etc.
- Once the doctors are sure that the patient is fit for facial filler treatment, they conduct deeper assessments. They examine the portions of the face that the patient wants to augment.
- Then, they clean these regions using antibacterial solutions. The surgeons then give the patients local anaesthesia.
- Slowly, they inject the facial fillers. This non-surgical process is quick, pain-free, and not discomforting at all. However, patients can apply ice packs on the site of their injections in case they feel discomfort.
The Popularity of Facial Fillers
From the US to South Korea – facial fillers are by far the most popular cosmetic treatment (non-surgical) in the world. Millions of people get it every year to add volume under their skin or to smooth out wrinkles.
Here are the main reasons why this non-surgical face lifting treatment is the best for fixing wrinkles –
- Speed: No other cosmetic surgery or procedure takes as less time as injecting facial fillers. Treatments are super-quick. Patients are in and out of the cosmetic surgeon’s office within 45-60 minutes.
- Personalization: What types of results do you want from your facial fillers and how quick do you want them? Cosmetic surgeons conduct comprehensive evaluations to create personalized beauty plans for their patients. They choose filler injections that specifically address the patients’ needs.
- Natural Replacement: Worried about your body losing hyaluronic acid or collagen? With facial fillers, you can naturally substitute these crucial skin-building ingredients in your body. That’s why people who get facial fillers always have a youthful tone to their faces. Filler gel formulations naturally can replace all the natural ingredients your skin produces (and loses) with time.
- Natural–Looking Solutions: When you get an invasive facelift surgery, you’re doing something unnatural with your face. Facelifts are great at helping certain types of people. But, the results never look natural. On the contrary, getting facial fillers is like improving upon nature. You’re simply enhancing your own natural lips, cheeks, or jawlines. The results always look super-natural.
- Long–Lasting: On average, facial filler treatments last for 10-12 months. They don’t fade easily. They also boost the skin’s natural health. Let’s say you need a follow-up procedure 12-months after getting your first facial filler treatment. During this period, your skin’s health will naturally improve.
- Immediate Results: Top cosmetic surgeons carefully inject these fillers into specific areas of the face. They target the areas with the most wrinkles and volume loss. Not only are the results of these injections immediate but they’re also highly accurate. Patients don’t need to spend hours to make their skin look less inflated. Within 45-60 minutes, they’re good to go.
- No Complex Aftercare: There’s virtually no need for downtime after getting facial filler treatment. Doctors may ask the patient to avoid strenuous physical activities for a few days. But, other than that, once patients leave their doctors’ offices, they can resume their normal routine.
- Complements Botox Treatment: Botox is the best cure for dynamic wrinkles. Combining Botox and facial fillers can give patients the best possible results. Such mixtures can fix pretty much all age-related beauty concerns that patients have.
Pressing a Pause Button on Ageing
Facial fillers help people stop or at least slow down the ruthless process of aging. Fillers that stimulate collagen production have amazing preventative effects on aging. So, patients not only get more symmetrical looking faces – but they also get younger skin when they inject facial fillers. These are the reasons why getting facial filler treatment is one of the best solutions for wrinkles.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]