Hyperpigmentation is one medical term, which is designed to describe darker skin patches. These patches are primarily the result of extra melanin production in your body, which will furthermore be caused by sun damage and acne scars because of hormonal fluctuations.
In case you are one of those unfortunate souls who are dealing with hyperpigmentation, them getting the best treatment for pigmentation on face is always the first the foremost point to consider. Well, always remember that you are not alone in this mission. It is considered a common skin condition and there are various treatment options available to give out a try!
Always make sure to learn about your options and try including various products at home. Also, be sure to know what to expect from some medically proven procedures like micro-dermabrasion and so much more.
Learning about hyperpigmentation:
Melasma, age spots, freckles, and even post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation are some of the major examples that the team from metamorphosis is subject to treat. Even the overproduction of the pigment called Melanin in your body will result in the primary cause of hyperpigmentation issues.
- Resurfacing laser treatments and chemical peels are some of the proven methods to remove hyperpigmentation within an average of 4 to 8 sessions.
- All these treatments are associated with minimum pain and will result in an even and healthy skin tone.
- But, make sure to catch up with the best skin clinic to help get treated by professionals right now.
- The team is able to provide the best treatment for pigmentation on face, ideal for both men and women.
- These are quicker and non-invasive procedures, designed to help with the best skin issues. In the end, you will enjoy a radiant glow and even skin tone.
- These Centre will only hire the best board-certified dermatologists to help you in assisting by diagnosing the condition and then determining what needs to be done.
- It is only after going through thorough examinations that the experts will provide you with the best hyperpigmentation treatment for that even-coloured skin tone.
The treatment methods to follow:
Under the best treatment for pigmentation on face routine, there are 4 different options to give out a try. Those are:
- Chemical peel
- Intense pulsed light or IPL
- Fractional laser resurfacing
It always depends on the type of pigmentation you are suffering from. It helps to define the right laser that needs to be used for the treatment.
While dealing with pigmentation in superficial lesions, the Laser Pigmentation Removal treatment will always act out to be more effective to remove pigmentation within a span of 1 to 3 treatments.
The treatment further depends on some other factors. Some of those are:
- Areas that need to be treated from pigmentation on your face
- The level of recovery you are looking for
- The current pigmentation type that you are suffering from
How the treatment is generally covered?
The hyperpigmentation treatment is primarily available for minimal darkness of your skin, which is scientifically known as microdermabrasion. In this section, the experts will gently remove the uppermost layer of the skin. It helps in removing sun spots, unwanted darkness, and other forms of superficial and minimal discolouration.
- Now, there are different versions of microdermabrasion available. Among the lot, DermaSweep is one example, which presents a secondary step.
- In this secondary step, the experts will infuse specialized anti-pigment ingredients right into your skin to help brighten it a bit further.
- Then you have chemical peel treatment, widely used for stubborn spots.
- Glycolic acid, chemical peels, and salicylic acids are also recommended to banish discolouration.
- You have chemical peels, which are widely used for removing deeper pigment or just speeding up the results of hyperpigmentation.
- The potency of this method is used for manipulating the process, as per the pigmentation type and the depth you are suffering from.
- Nut, even skin type or colour is always not considered suitable for the said peel.
- If you do have a history of scarring, it is mandatory to opt for some other methods of treatment.
- The Intense Pulsed Light or the IPL is mainly done by discolouration from the sun.
- IPL is considered one major choice to target skin that remains discoloured from the sun.
- This form of treatment is solely related to light-based energy, which is then pulsed onto the skin along with targeted blood vessels.
- The light from the IPL helps in eradicating discolouration by just seeking for it and then lifting up the out.
- After the IPL treatment is done and dusted, the treated areas will initially turn dark and then fade off eventually within a span of a few days.
The eligibility criteria for such treatments:
You are not the only one who is looking for the best treatment for pigmentation on face these days. But, there is an age limitation that every doctor follows, in terms of patients and their hyperpigmentation treatment. If you don’t fall within that age limit, you won’t be treated for the pigmentation.
- As per the latest scientific findings, the individual needs to be around 18 years or older for receiving the right hyperpigmentation treatment.
- On the other hand, any person with some permanent dark spots that remain different from the occurrence of temporary freckles or acne is also eligible for the pigmentation treatment.
- Any person, who is younger than the age group of 18 years won’t be held eligible for the treatment.
- Then pregnant women cannot opt for any of the hyperpigmentation treatments from the options mentioned above, especially laser resurfacing as that will harm the baby.
- In case, the chosen person remains affected with an underlying medical condition that remains still untreated, then going for the pigmentation treatment won’t be a good call.
What about the side effects?
Much like any other cosmetic treatment, pigmentation might have some side effects to it, but those are pretty rare. Even if someone suffers from these side effects, the issues will get treated naturally and with time. There won’t be any hardcore side effects to deal with later.
The possibility of any side effect is pretty low. Even if there is any, it remains on the minimal side and temporary. Some of the side effects to consider are:
- Bacterial infection
- Lighter or light or dark skin spots
Whether it is an infection or dark spots, these issues will fade away with time. In most cases, doctors won’t even recommend any treatment for it.
Focusing on the post-treatment guidelines:
Once you have undergone the best treatment for pigmentation on face, there are some post-treatment guidelines to follow if you want the treatment to have a lasting effect on your skin and to prevent any form of side effects. So, make sure to check out the points mentioned below, clearly.
- Your dermatologist will strictly recommend you to not go under direct sunlight and expose your skin just after the laser treatment for a few weeks.
- If you have to go out because your work demands it, then better use the best SPF-covered sunscreen lotion on your skin before heading out, during day time.
- Then, the doctor will further suggest you wear clothing that is fully covering your skin, especially that of your face. For that, using a scarf or a cap might do the trick.
- It is mandatory to go for follow-ups with your doctor and never miss out on any post-treatment care for sure. You need to visit your doctor for a few weeks to help him keep a track of the improvement and also keep side effects at bay.
The time it takes to recover:
Within the first laser pigmentation treatment, you get to remove the dark spots by around 80%! Once the whole treatment gets completed, it will take right about 4 to 12 weeks for the skin to heal completely. But, that is for the laser removal treatment of brown or dark patches on the skin. The healing process will differ for chemical peels and other pigmentation removal treatments. So, make sure to have a direct chat with the doctors first and learn more about the recovery process before the final call.
What about the results?
The first question that pops up in your mind is to know if the hyperpigmentation treatment remains permanent. Well, in most cases the answer is yes. As the method targets the dark spots directly and removes them from the core entirely, the results are permanent. Whenever the treatment is done under strict guidelines, there won’t be any case of recurrence.
Get it done by experts:
The only thing that you need to be aware of is the clinical experts to get help from. The team from Metamorphosis is here and ready to take care of the dark spots on the face right from the initial sessions. So, let experts be by your side always.