Living with scars can often prove to be rather difficult. It can change the way you probably think of yourself. But it can also affect your life in some of the biggest ways possible. Some scars often have the power to limit your motions too. But, science has evolved big time and now you have multiple ways to reduce the look of scars. Including laser treatment from the house of Metamorphosis will act out big ways in your favour. Being associated with laser treatment for scars for such a long time, you can expect only the best results from the professionals out there.
Reasons behind scar causes:
Scars are mostly the results of trauma or injury to the skin. The severity of this form of injury varies quite a lot, with serious ones resulting in deeper and bigger scars. When the skin gets damaged, all the available resources get transferred to the affected area with the goal of repairing the damage ASAP. That’s why scars won’t have the same smooth and neat pattern as the original skin. Your body ends up creating collagen for fixing the damage.
- Scars have some heavy impacts on people’s lives. They create problems with movements, mainly if the scars are near any joint.
- Then some scars come in handy with pain, even when the wound has been closed a long time ago.
- It has itchiness as another side effect, which needs to be treated as soon as possible.
- The most significant difference comes with the appearance that you don’t like and feel self-conscious about.
Thanks to modern laser treatment for scars from Metamorphosis, you can get the scars treated from their core areas. Even if you have bigger and old scars, the treatment can help lower the mark or sign. Some of the fresher scars can be easily removed and the skin will get back to its flawless self. You just have to be associated with the best clinic, offering top-notch quality scar removal treatments through proper laser methods.
More on the laser scar treatment:
Laser treatment is primarily referred to as laser skin resurfacing or laser scar revision. It helps in reducing the appearance of dark spots, wrinkles, and skin lesions. The same laser treatment for scars can also help in removing the signs of scars completely. It can prove to be quite effective even years after the scar was formed initially.
- Most of the time, laser treatment is done in the doctor’s office and won’t require an overnight hospital stay.
- The doctor will use the power of local anaesthesia on the spot and you might be administered an oral sedative before the process starts.
- While going through the treatment, light beams will be used for removing the scar tissues completely or for poking holes in them. It solely depends on the laser type you have used.
- Both these methods help in stimulating collagen production and will allow your body to create smoother and new skin.
- Once the treatment is done and dusted, the scar will come to appear lighter and less noticeable at the same time.
- But, you must also remember that the laser treatments will not remove the scars completely.
- In its essence, you will be replacing one scar with another that remains smaller and less noticeable from a distance.
- Sometimes, it might take multiple treatments for those of you who are willing to see that desired result out.
How does the laser scar removal actually work?
If you think about it, there are mainly two different types of laser treatment for scars available from reliable centres like Metamorphosis. Understanding these treatments from their core is important before you get to choose the one to go for. But, it is always the doctor who takes the final decision. After going through some thorough examinations and after checking the current scenario of the scars, doctors will recommend the best method to follow. For gaining some knowledge, let’s focus on the types first.
CO2 laser therapy:
- This form of therapy will use the power of short light pulses or continuous light beams for removing thin skin layers with minimal damage to the surrounding skin.
- Here, the laser will target a small amount of scar tissue to work with during each treatment.
- So, for larger scars, you might have to go for multiple sittings.
- The recovery time for this form of therapy can be anywhere up to 2 weeks. It depends on the scar type you are suffering from.
Fractional laser therapy:
- Fractional laser therapy will use narrow light columns and will cause the collagen within the scar to tighten up a bit.
- While going through this process, lesser skin areas will get injured.
- As the laser goes deeper, there is also a higher possibility of added scarring, and that in turn will increase the recovery time big time.
- On a typical note, the recovery time will be around 1 week. But, again, it depends on the scar type you are suffering from.
In case you are making plans to go for the laser treatment now, be sure to get an appointment with the dermatologist first. The expert here will discuss the right process for you to follow. They will take a deeper look into the scar that you are planning to treat before recommending the right process to follow.
What to expect after going through the scar laser removal process?
Once you have gone through the laser treatment for removing scars successfully, the doctor will apply a bandage to the area. You are asked to live the bandage as it is for a minimum period of 24 hours. The doctor will let you know the right time to remove it.
- After that section is taken care of, you have to clean the area 2 to 5 times daily with saline solution or even diluted vinegar solution.
- Most dermatologist offices will present you with the cleaning solution to use and will mention the steps to follow.
- Some of you might be given healing ointment if the treatment calls for it. The main goal is to prevent any scabs from forming.
- The healing time can vary anywhere from 5 to 21 days. It always depends on the treatment type you have gone for.
- Once the area has healed up successfully, you might face some redness for a few months. There is nothing to worry about as the redness will go away naturally without your interference.
For the costing of the procedure:
As laser treatment for scars is considered to be an elective and cosmetic procedure, there are high chances that your medical insurance plans will not cover the cost. So, always be prepared to spend money from your own pocket while moving on with such treatments. Now there are different factors on which the cost of this scar removal treatment varies. Some of those are:
- The number of scars to be treated using laser therapy
- The current size of the scar you are planning to treat
- The number of laser treatments you have to go for
- The number of sittings your scar removal process calls for
Always remember that you might have to go for more than one session to get the desired results. So, for every session, you need to pay your doctor separately.
As it is mainly targeted to be an out-of-the-pocket cost and as the amount varies, it is always vital to consult multiple doctors to compare their rates. It will help you to mark the best one for the service, without burning a hole in the pocket. There are some dermatologist offices, which will charge a consultation fee along with the payment of the actual process. So, mark these points before a final say.
On an average scale, a single laser treatment for improving the scar mark will cost you anywhere between $200 and $3400. So, it is not hard to state that the treatment doesn’t come cheap!
However, there is no extended downtime with this form of treatment. So, you do not have to worry about getting leave from your office to get the treatment done. You can return to your office work the very next day or within a few days’ time.
The scars will fade with time:
Right from the first session, you will see some changes in your scar. You can see the scar fading or becoming lighter with time. Whenever a scar becomes a permanent part of your skin, laser treatments can be used for removing the outer layer of the damaged skin’s surface. The process basically helps in smoothening out the skin for improving appearance and tone big time.
Get it done professionally:
It is always recommended to get laser scar removal treatment from professionals. The team from Metamorphosis is available 24 x 7, in order to answer your queries and book an appointment with experts to cover your case. So, catch up with experts right away!